Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Courtyard

I thought I would create a simple checkered courtyard with paper clay. It would mirror the checkered wooden floor inside the manor. My plan was to paint the individual tiles in contrasting colors as you see in the inspiration photo below.


Because of time constraint, I had to work in sections, and in the beginning it was looking OK. Not perfect, but I was fine with it.

However, cracks began to appear once the sections dried, and although I tried to patch the cracks, I am really not happy with the end result!

I think it's time to move on to "Plan B."






3 comments:

Vivian Fox said...

Hi Sumaiya,

That is going to be a lovely courtyard. Can I ask, is paper clay the same as air drying clay? I'm not really sure if there is a difference - excuse a newcomer's ignorance. You have a lovely house :)
All the best
Vivian

Giac said...

Hello Sumaiya,
The courtyard is a terrific idea. I can't wait to see the finished tiles.
Big hug,
Giac

Sumaiya Mehreen said...

Thanks Vivian and Giac :)

Dear Vivian, paper clay is air-drying.