Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Bathroom Remodeling: Replacing Wallpaper


After removing the window and wooden moldings, I used the removed fabric "wallpaper" as template for the new wallpaper. The bathroom is a tricky room to paper after assembly because the wall is interrupted by part of the slanted roof.


I used a dark brown fabric to cover the wall, so that the cork sculpture would contrast against the solid dark background. I used the back of the brown fabric, because it looked like small brown tiles. I used this fabric also because I did not have a piece of the original fabric big enough to cover the back wall ;)




This is what it looks like after the wall was redone and the moldings back up.


Doesn't the cork sculpture look lovely against the dark chocolate wall?


4 comments:

Giac said...

Hello Sumaiya,
Using fabric to create a tile effect is a terrific idea. The room looks so rich now. The sculpture really stand out. It is just beautiful. Well done my clever friend!
Big hug,
Giac

Marisa said...

Sumaiya it does pop, I love what you've done...it's a good trick that really fools the eye

Hugs
Marisa :)

Sumaiya Mehreen said...

Thanks Marisa :)

Ilona said...

Hi Sumaiya, the cork looks fabulous against the wall! I never would have thought it was cork!
Kind regards, Ilona