Monday, February 24, 2014

The Garfield China: Cherry Blossom Collection


In 2007, I bought my first dollhouse food set, the salad and bread, from Amanda of Northern Miniatures. The pattern on those dishes eventually became the official china pattern for the Garfield Manor.

Over the years, I bought a few more food sets from various sellers on eBay: like the soup and the spaghetti with marinara sauce.


The Indian dinner was made by Fran. There is potato curry with rice, daal, naan, samosa and potato cutlet.


In 2008, I bought a number of porcelain dinnerware sets in the Cherry Blossom pattern from manorhouseminis.com, and requested Amanda to create a full course dinner to go with her salad set. She made soup, roast beef with asparagus, potatoes, carrots, Brussels sprouts, and finished with heart-shaped ice-cream served with chocolate syrup and cherry on top. There is also tea with cream and sugar to wrap up the night.






In 2011, I went on a buying binge and bought the rest of the pieces that make up the Cherry Blossom Collection. I might have gone a little overboard ...











5 comments:

Daydreamer said...

What a Lovely collection! It reminds me a lot of the china my Mother inherited from her Grandmother... and my Sister now keeps! The pattern is both delicate and pretty! The food you have for it is delicious looking too! I look forward to seeing you set up the dining room!

Ilona said...

This is a beautiful collection! I agree with Betsy that the pattern is delicate and pretty :D!
Have a nice day, Sumaiya!
Kind regards, Ilona

Marisa said...

I love your collection, the same thing happened to me too my Sister took my grandmothers china...its sitting in a box in her garage..it's best to change the subject.

bajka Kornelii said...

So beautiful :)

Sumaiya Mehreen said...

just found out that this is known as the Lisa pattern by Reutter Porcelain