Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Inspiration Photo: otterine.com


I found the above inspiration photo on otterine's miniatures. To see more detailed photos of the bathroom, please visit the blog

I bought the Chrysnbon Victorian bathroom kit (for $15.50 + $1.86 shipping), but found the stark white bathtub a bit dull.


So, I painted the outside of the tub using DecoArt Dazzling Metallics Bronze acrylic paint. I painted a thin layer of black on top of the bronze layer on the feet, to give them distinction.
 

5 comments:

Troy said...

The tub looks great. I like the two-tone look. I saw one the other day that had wallpaper! Looking forward to your progress.

Sumaiya Mehreen said...

Thanks Troy. I am having a hard time with the layout of the bathroom. I really should have thought out the layout more when I did the wiring of the dollhouse. The lighting fixtures are throwing off the design. Oh well, maybe in the next dollhouse.

otterine said...

Looks fabulous! :D

Sumaiya Mehreen said...

Thanks Brae. When I am scratching my head trying to figure out the layout of the bathroom, I think to myself you would have come up with the perfect layout by now!

Giac said...

Hello Sumaiya,
Excellent work refinishing the tub. It looks beautiful and has much more character.
Big hug,
Giac