Monday, September 8, 2008

Second Floor - Back Room


I was up all night last night finishing up the second floor. The closets were installed, the back wall went up, and finally, the wiring was soldered for the hanging tiffany lamp. Other than the steps, moldings and doors, the second floor is complete.

I love the lights. As of now, there are 4 modern chandeliers, 2 tiffany lamps and 4 tulip sconces in the house ... first and second floor. I plan to add more lights on the third floor, and some electrical outlets on each floor for additional table lamps as needed. Dear reader, if you love this house, please say a little prayer for it so that the circuit never shorts out! :)


4 comments:

Kathy Calhoun said...

Very nice!!!! That corner is a pistol, isn't it? Your lights give off a warm and cozy glow. I've said the prayer for no shorts... which is why I don't want to add lights. Don't you love when you finish an area?

Sumaiya Mehreen said...

The corner is quite difficult. Actually, I am having to wrestle the kit into fitting properly in many spots ... trim a tab here, widen a slot there, etc...

It's not as easy to work with as the "Real Good Toys" kits...but then again, this is much lighter and a lot less expensive compared to any RGT kit of similar proportions.

Theodosia Pixietwist said...

I commend you & kathy on tackling this house. I had no idea until I started reading both blogs, how time consuming and intricate the kit was. You're doing a beautiful job!

Elin said...

i just stumbled on this blog & it made me very happy. your work is absolutely astonishing. thank you for sharing!