Friday, June 1, 2007

The Oriental Staircase

I think I got a *little* carried away with the staircase decoration! The ruby rhinestones and hand-drawn gilded swirls create an air of opulence and grandeur that is fit for a nabob! Which is giving me an idea of how the master of this manor should be ...

He is a rich (and handsome, obviously) young man: an adventurer, a lover ~ in short, someone whose mere presence makes a girl swoon! He is ever restless ~ climbing mountaintops in Nepal one moment ... and in the next, hunting man-eating lions in Africa. And yet, there is the quieter side of him, that loves to read and explore ~ did I mention he takes a keen interest in archeology?

5 comments:

nuttiwebgal said...

what a great start to a palace!
I look forward to seeing more!
the folks over at the Greenleaf fourm would love to see these photos too.
Happy Building
nutti

Sumaiya Mehreen said...

Dearest nuttiwebgal:
Thank you for following my blog! :) I am a member of the Greenleaf forum too! I am still trying to figure out how to start up a blog there and would like to post concurrently.
Love,
Sumaiya.

Anonymous said...

Wow - the stairs are fantastic! I love them. You've given me ideas for my Beacon Hill stairs (even though I've just spent days staining & sanding them to perfection LOL)

Great work, Sumaiya.

Sumaiya Mehreen said...

Whippet-gal!!! I just WISH I had the patience to stain and sand my stairs. I would have done just that! Please think again about painting over it!

PurpleBeth said...

This staircase is my inspiration to get moving again!