During the bathroom remodeling project, I had closed off an oval window. As you can see, I had pasted a piece of paper on the inside before putting up the wallpaper.
Using the window frame as template, I cut out an oval piece of paper to paste on the outside wall. I used an old business card so that the paper would be heavier than regular paper.
I glued on a layer of paper clay, smoothed out the edges, textured the clay and finally sculpted the brick pattern on it.
I sadly discovered that the number of rows of bricks on either side of the window did not match. You will notice it if you look closely at the top left corner of the newly covered oval shape in the photos above and below.
Of course, when I originally bricked around the window, I wasn't anticipating that one day I would have to close it up.
Once the paper clay dried, it also shrunk a little, causing cracks around the edges of the oval.
I patched the cracks with more paper clay, blending and applying texture as I go.
I also added a thin layer of clay to hide the mismatched brick layers. Once the clay was semi-dry, I sculpted brick shapes to match the surrounding area.